What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a replacement tooth root made from titanium and is used in dentistry to support one or more false teeth. Just like a tooth root, it is placed into the jawbone.
Implants are a safe, well-established, tried-and-tested treatment. You can expect them to last for many years, if your implants are well looked after and if the bone they are fitted to is strong and healthy.
Any number of teeth can be replaced with implants – from one single tooth to a complete set.
What are the benfits of dental implants?
They look, feel and function like real teeth
They avoid grinding away of neighbouring teeth
Your smile is restored for a more natural appearance
No dentures to remove at night
Freedom to eat all the food you love
- We carry out a full assessment of your general health, how your teeth fit together, your oral health and the density of your jaw bone. If we discover you have do not have enough bone volume for implants, a bone grafting procedure may be required in order to allow for successful placement of the implants.
- If you are a suitable candidate, the titanium posts are surgically placed in the bone.
- Over a few months, the implants will fuse with the bone as titanium is very well-tolerated by the body.
- Once settled in and fully healed, we can fit replacement teeth to the now firmly positioned implants.
- Further information can be found here.
Our Implant Surgeon
Our Implant Denist, Dr Sanjeev Kapadia, has trained with one of the world’s leading Implant Surgeons, Prof. Hilt Tatum and has completed an extensive training programme at The Tatum Institute in Surgical Implantology.
Dr Kapadia has also completed a year long implant course and gained a certificate from GIFT (General Implant Forum & Training). This is an international implant course providing a thorough knowledge base on the principles and practice of Implantology. He is also a Member of the Association of Dental Implantology UK.
Dr Kapadia provides a comprehensive variety of implant placements and restorations, and also more complex procedures such as bone expansion, bone grafts and sinus grafts. He uses the BioHorizons Implants System, which is internationally recognised and established.
For more information you can visit www.biohorizons.com.
What are the costs for Dental Implants?
These prices are a guide only, and we will be able to provide a more accurate cost at your consultation.
Dental Implant crown £550
Bone graft £350
Full arch implant therapy from £15000
Please call 01438 351548 to book your dental implant consultation now.
Book a consultation
Call us or send us a message to make your initial appointment.