Complaints and compliments
At Hydean Dental Practice we are constantly striving to improve, to provide an exceptional service. Feedback is an essential part of this, so if you have suggestions about how we could improve then please let us know.
This Practice has an effective complaints system in place to ensure that identifying, receiving, recording, handling and responding to any comments, observations or complaints occurs within a strict timetable which is clearly documented. The complaints system is clearly displayed and all patients and visitors are confident that they will be listened to and responded to without fear of discrimination.
Any complainant can be assured that they will be treated in a manner respecting their human rights and diversity; in a sensitive manner and that the complaint can be made by a variety of methods either verbally, by sign language or in writing.
Where they lack confidence or require help they will be supported by helpful staff members. Their complaint will be fully documented and fairly dealt with and following investigation, lessons learned can lead to changes being made to avoid future complaints.
Our Practice complaints procedures
These clear complaint procedures are monitored and reviewed and the named contact who is accountable for doing this is Raju Jobanputra.
If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him/her to Raju Jobanputra immediately.
If this named person is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Raju Jobanputra.
- Complaints about clinical care or associated charges will be referred to the clinician concerned, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- A written acknowledgment of a complaint with accompanying copy of our complaints policy will be sent as soon as possible, normally within three working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the outcome about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- We will complete proper and comprehensive records of any complaint received in a complaints tracker along with the outcome and any measures taken to prevent recurrence.
If a patient is not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
For complaints about private treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Croydon CR0 6BA
For complaints about NHS treatment:
Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
London SW1P 4QP
The Care Quality Commission at
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE14PA
1 Hyde Green South