Please read the advice below if you are attending for an appointment.
Advice for Patients attending Hydean Dental Practice
The whole team at Hydean Dental Practice are working hard to ensure that your visit to the Dental Practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience.
Subsequently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have changed many of our routines.
We are keen to streamline your visit as much as possible in order to allow us to manage your dental problem efficiently and effectively while you are with us.
Please look at the following Hydean Dental Practice guidance that will help us look after you during your visit.
Before your appointment
- If you are unwell, suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in recent contact with anyone who has had symptoms please stay at home and follow NHS guidance.
- Our team may call you to complete as much of the necessary administration as possible before your visit.
Preparation at home
- Please clean your teeth at home as you will not be able to do so at the practice.
- Please also use the bathroom at home before you leave as we are trying to avoid use of the practice toilet.
- Please remember to bring your paperwork if you have been asked to complete some.
- Please bring a face covering/mask in preparation for when you arrive. Especially if you are a carer/parent.
- Please bring the bare minimum with you (no shopping bags etc.)
- Please remember to bring your plastic payment card (contactless ideally) if you have not already paid over the phone or online.
- Please be prepared to enter the practice alone unless bringing a parent (children under 16) or a carer.
- Please arrive on time and not too early.
- Please call us to say you have arrived.
- Please cover your mouth and nose with a face covering/mask.
- An infra-red thermometer will be used to measure your body temperature on arrival. If you are feverish (>37.8C) we will ask you to re-book your appointment.
- As you are invited into the building you will be required to sanitise your hands.
- Please do not touch objects/door handles in the practice, if not necessary.
- Our sitting room is closed to patients. If you arrive by car, please be ready to wait in your car until called in by your dentist. If you arrive by taxi, by foot or bike please wait outside until you are called in. Please call us when you arrive.
During your appointment
- Your dentist and dental nurse will be wearing PPE that may look different to normal.
- We will give you a tissue to hold throughout the appointment. This is for you to be ready to catch a sneeze or a cough with the tissue, helping keep the surgery environment clean.
After your appointment
- Please put your facemask back on before leaving the room.
- When paying for the treatment/exam please be prepared to use your plastic payment card as the card machine is offered to you through the screen by the receptionist.
- Please let us know if you become infectious with COVID-19 within 14 days of your attendance at the practice.
Many thanks for working with us as we manage your dentistry in these difficult times.
| Please only visit the practice if you have an appointment. |
Do you need to speak to us?
Call us or send us a message.